Day 1 : Depending on your arrival time, you will proceed either directly to Sigiriya or visit en route the Elephant Orphanage at Pinnawala and the Dambulla cave temple: Like Sigiriya, Dambulla is a vast isolated rock mass, which houses a rock temple (formerly caves). Some of its frescoes are over 2,000 years old – and there is a colossal figure of the recumbent Buddha caved out of the rock, some 14 meters long.
Overnight in Sigiriya.
Day 2 : After breakfast visit Sigiriya: This rock fortress was a royal citadel for more than 18 years. In a sheltered pocket, approached by a spiral stairway, are the famous frescoes. The summit of the rock, with an area of nearly one hectare, was the site of the old palace – the outer wall of which was built on the very brink of the precipice. The UNESCO-sponsored Central Cultural Fund has restored Sigiriya’s 5th century Water Gardens to be former glory.
After checking in to your hotel in, a beach resort 8 km outside Trincomalee, you can go to the beach or on a snorkel tour to the Pigeon Island Marine National Park. In the area of Pigeon Island, 1 km off the Nilaveli Beach, you'll see corals, eels, small groups of different fish or colourful drawn boxfish. Let yourself drift while iridescent parrotfish and damselfish pass slowly. Filigree Lined sweetlips fish standing elegantly in the flow , butterfly fish and banner fish dancing before the dark blue curtain of the sea. With some luck you have encounters with turtles, various species of ray or even blacktip reef sharks there.
Overnight in Trincomalee.
Day 3 : The ancient town of Trincomalee is the third-largest city in Sri Lanka and best known for its harbour, one of the world’s largest deep-water anchorages. The former Dutch Fort Frederick is on the way to Swami Rock – a breathtaking cliff that is topped by the Koneswaram Hindu Temple, one of the holiest Shiva shrines in Sri Lanka.
There are more colourful Hindu temples due to the predominantly Tamil population. Don't miss the views over the Inner Harbour, dotted with fishing boats. In the afternoon you can visit the Kanniya Hot Water Springs. It is believed that the hot water is good for Arthritis and Rheumatic problems. Please note that the Kanniya Hot Water Springs is a religious place.
Overnight in Trincomalee.
Day 4 : A day dedicated to beach, snorkelling and of course, whale & dolphin watching.
Trincomalee is THE whale-watching destination in Sri Lanka. Blue whales and sperm whales can regularly be seen to the east of the city. If you are lucky you might see them from Swami Rock otherwise just hop on one of the available whale watching boats.
Overnight in Trincomalee.
Day 5 : On our way to to the small village of Passikudah, you have can visit local markets, explore some 'secret' bays or visit one of the many temples.
Passikudah is famous for its golden beach and the clear, shallow waters in which you can wade 50m out to sea. It is a virgin beach and renowned throughout the Sri Lanka for its beauty.
If you are a scuba diver, then there are some excellent diving spots, including the wreck of the HMS Hermes, a WW2 British naval ship. You can also enjoy exploring the Maduru Oya National Park where you have a good chance of seeing elephants.
Overnight in Passikudah.
Day 6 : En-route to Arugam Bay, we pass the city of Batticaloa. The colonial fort, overlooking the lagoon is certainly worth a visit. Like the Galle Fort, you'll find old Dutch-era buildings with courtyards, temples and many churches, dating back to the colonial times.
Arugam Bay is located at the “end of the road” on the East Coast of Sri Lanka. If you’re after laid-back life with all the atmosphere of jungle and beach this is the place for you. Arugam Bay is listed as one of the top ten surf points in the world. Situated on the southeast of Sri Lanka , Arugam receives the same Antarctic winter swells that hit Indonesia 's southern shores in the middle of the year. The best time of the year for surf is between May and November when the predominant wind is offshore for at least the first half of the day.
Overnight in Arugam Bay.
Day 7 : After checking out of your hotel we drive you back to the airport or your next destination in Sri Lanka.
You also can with one of our Sri Lanka Tours or Sri Lanka Holiday Packages. End of Tour.
- Air conditioning
- Swimming pool
• The rates quoted above are based on the mentioned hotels or similar.
• The above rates are net and include government taxes.
• These rates are subject to change without prior notice in the event government changes the tax policy, or if the hotels change their rates, or for situations beyond our control.
• These rates are applicable for tour operators/travel agents working with us, in Sri Lanka.
• All hotel classifications are as per Amith Tours classifications.
• Confirmation of hotels will be subject to availability at the time of final confirmation.
• Meal plan will be on booked basis.
• Half Board will be from arrival day dinner to departure day breakfast.
• Rerouting, change of order in the visits etc., will be done if found necessary in the best interest of the clients.
• We will make every effort to be , when the temples etc are open, how ever in the event of closure we will not be responsible.
• Optional excursions and additional services could be provided for which we will charge additionally.
• Visits to wild life parks, adventure activities, etc will be at client's own risk.
• Payment by credit cards will be subject to 3% bank charges.
Cancellation charges (Sri Lanka):
• Within 07 - 00 days - 100% cancellation charge.
• Within 14 - 08 days - 75% cancellation charge.
• Within 21-15 days - 50% cancellation charge.